Friday 5 January 2018

Don't Wallow




I'm pretty sure if I did a pole of every person on this planet we would all have our stories of struggles and woes.  In reality, life isn't easy, relationships aren't easy, day to day living isn't always easy with our loss, debt, jobs ect., ect., fill in whatever is your stressor. 

Our human nature is to wallow in that state of struggle.  I took a moment to look up the meaning of wallow.  Look what I found;  "an area of mud or shallow water where mammals go to wallow, typically developing into a depression in the ground over long use."  Have you sat in the mud and shallow water of your life long enough to allow it to become a depression?  

There are always other options, let's look at some;

James 1:2-4 
My brothers and sisters, be very happy when you are tested in different ways. You know that such testing of your faith produces endurance.  Endure until your testing is over. Then you will be mature and complete, and you won’t need anything.  

Why should I be happy when I'm tested? How can struggling ever help me? 

I feel like we all know as we struggle through things we come out on the other side stronger and wiser.  So instead of wallowing, power through! You got this and you're going to be better for it! 

Romans 15:13
May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in him. Then you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

It's impossible for me to find joy and peace. How can I accept my life the way it is?  How can I accept others the way you accept them even when they hurt me?

It's a God thing, naturally, we don't want to accept certain aspects of our life or accept others and the hurt and pain their flaws have brought to us. As we learn to trust God and give our lives over to him then He will fill us full of love, peace, and hope. As we are filled up with God's goodness we can accept a lot more and not just accept it but not be affected by it. 

Psalm 71:14 (This is my theme verse personally) 
But I will always have hope. I will praise you more and more.

I just don't have hope, I can't see past this moment in my life!

Never allow life's struggles to let you lose your hope!  If you feel like you just can't do it and all hope is gone, I suggest you pray and ask God to fill you with hope for your future.  Praise Him because He's got this!  Even if we can't see it and feel like you're are spiraling into your muddy water of depression there is ALWAYS HOPE!  This isn't the end of your story there are lots of good chapters left!  

Nehemiah 8:10 
Then he told them, “Go, eat rich foods, drink sweet drinks, and send portions to those who cannot provide for themselves. Today is a holy day for the Lord. Don’t be sad because the joy you have in the Lord is your strength.”

I can't do it!  I'm not strong enough! This is bigger than me! 

Ok, you need to take a moment and read Nehemiah 8:10 again and grasp it.  Feeling like crap, feel like you just can't get past your life?  Wallowing in your depression hole?  Here's what you can do, eat your face off, have a few sweet drinks and don't be sad, let the joy of the Lord be your strength.  I don't know about you but this scripture makes me happy take time to enjoy some good and don't be sad! When you can't do it allow the Lord to do it for you.  

Finally, I'm going to wrap it up with this;

Romans 12:12
Be happy in your confidence, be patient in trouble, and pray continually.

No, life isn't easy it's often messy but be confident, be patient and keep on praying, you've got this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment