Tuesday 18 October 2016

Marriage Blessings

Occasionally I’m asked: “Do you do Non-Religious ceremonies?”
In my opinion, my ceremonies aren’t actually “Religious” but at the same time as a Minister if you decide to have me perform your ceremony you will have my heart. There are a couple of steadfast things that are non-negotiable.
In my ceremony, you will get one biblical reading. This one to be exact.....
Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn't jealous. It doesn't sing its own praises. It isn't arrogant. It isn't rude. It doesn't think about itself. It isn't irritable. It doesn't keep track of wrongs. It isn't happy when injustice is done, but it is happy with the truth. Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up. Love never comes to an end. . . So these three things remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
And a very short prayer of blessing from me. (Unless I get distracted and forget to pray. It's has happened but it was absolutely unintentional).
It is your day and about you so all other aspects of the ceremony are up to you.
I absolutely love being part of your special day. If you are comfortable with my reading and prayer then I am comfortable with you choosing all other things.
Rev Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment